After playing strong characters in Pink (2016) and Naam Shabana (2017), Taapsee Pannu, who has been advocating women's rights and opened a self-defence centre within a Delhi school, is now expanding on the idea.

On the National Girl Child Day, (24th January), Taapsee said she has been is planning to continue the project to help more girls become confident and independent by learning self-defence.

The actor is planning to open more such centres in the coming days, and to support similar initiatives with the help of experts and local NGOs in different parts of the country. Taapsee practices martial arts as a fitness routine, and believes that it is one of the best ways to maintain one's fitness levels, in addition to its utility in self-defence.

The Judwaa 2 (2017) actor says, "I wish that on this National Girl Child Day, we stand for each other and for the self. In a patriarchal society like ours, providing education and the right mindset is imperative," adding, "On this day, I wish to activate more initiatives for these girls, so that they become independent and can fight for themselves. We are in talks with experts and NGOs, and I hope it works out soon."