I think it was Sigmund Freud who once said that, and I quote, ďBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by as*holes.Ē

I honestly believe there are no truer words to live by, and I think itís time that you started believing the same.

Some of us start questioning ourselves when our relationship starts going through a rough patch, when we arenít excelling at our job or when we have a major falling out with our BFF, donít we? And how many times do we end up thinking that we arenít living up to those golden standards we never fail to set for ourselves, or that we just arenít good enough? Well, I know for a fact that this happens an alarmingly high number of times, and I know this because Iíve been there.

So firstly, allow me to let you know that you are beautiful just the way you are. You are magical, impactful, powerful and unique, and there is no one out there who will ever be like you. That is your power. When we allow situations and people to influence our opinion about ourselves, we strip ourselves of that power and give it someone else. Donít do that to yourself, because you are all you have and as it happens, that is everything you need to be happy. Believe in yourself and the kind of impact you can make, for only then will you be able to truly realize your full potential and show the world what you are capable of. Doubting yourself and your abilities is a slow process thatíll only lead to self-destruction and honestly, why would you want to do that to yourself?

We all make mistakes, we all behave unnaturally when confronted with complex situations, and we all get stressed about work and do or say things that we arenít proud of, but does that mean that we start questioning ourselves? The fact that we have flaws and shades of imperfection is what makes us beautiful and unique. It is what makes us human, for we are all bits and pieces of flawless imperfections.

We also tend to compare ourselves and our lives to others, though we forget that everyone has their own journey, their own set of challenges, their own set of karmas and their own paths to follow. We can never know what adversities other people have been through and so we should never compare ourselves to anyone else. And besides, we are here to be the best version of ourselves, rather than a duplicate copy of someone else.

So, do me and yourself a favour and start believing in yourself. Once you start doing that, you shall be unstoppable.

› See More: A Letter To The People Who Think They Are Not Good Enough