Dear Ex Lover,

I might have forgotten how your voice sounds like, but I will never forget the way I felt after hearing it.

I might have forgotten what your touch felt like, but I will never forget the way it left me wanting for more

I might have forgotten the way you smelled, but I will never forget the way it reminded me of home.

This is to let you know that you are one of the best things that ever happened to me and that, even though we arenít together anymore, you will always hold an incredibly special place in my heart. Unfortunately, itís the absence of people in your lives that makes you realize their importance Ė and so was the case with me, with it being your absence from my life that made me realize just how much you meant to me.

We shared the kind of love that is rare to find and difficult to keep Ė the kind that happens once in a lifetime and is difficult to sum up in words. As fate would have it, I couldnít hold on to this love, to your your love, and I couldnít value you for who you were. I only realized what I had lost after I lost it and by then it was too late. Your absence made me realize the ferocity of my love for you.

And so I want you to know that, just because we couldnít maintain what we had, doesnít mean that what we shared wasnít real. I have always loved you with all my heart and will continue to do so. And despite things not working out, youíll always be special for me and will be someone I have immense fondness for.

I am extremely apologetic for the times when I prioritized other people over you, for the times when I failed to be there when you needed me the most and for all the times I ended up unintentionally hurting you. You are a beautiful soul and I can say with absolute certainty that the woman you end up settling with will be the luckiest girl in the world. I wish I had realized your importance in my life sooner, but I guess it is what it is. Maybe in another world and in another time, you and I would be together?

In closing, Iíd just like to let you know that, regardless of everything that happened between us, I will always wish the best for you, for you deserve nothing less than the best. You are an amazing guy and you deserve all the love and happiness there is in this world. And finally, I want to thank you for being the way you were and for giving me some of the best years of my life, years that Iíll always cherish. In life, if you ever need this friend of yours, just remember that I am always going to be a call away.

With lots of regrets,

Your ex

› See More: A Letter To The Lover I Lost