Known for actively supporting several social causes, Sonu Sood is now lending his support to a 'skin donation' campaign for acid attack survivors in collaboration with a Bangalore, Karnataka based NGO called Hothur Foundation.

Talking about the cause, Sonu says, "The skin donation campaign aims at raising awareness and extending support to acid attack survivors, who are in dire need of skin to lead a normal, independent life."

The actor further adds, "Not many people are aware that even skin can be donated. Recently, I met a group of acid attack survivors through Hothur Foundation. These survivors are extremely spirited and talented. Their distorted skin condition and lack of support and fund are the two main challenges that come in the way of a regular life and them."

The primary purpose of the campaign is to raise awareness about skin donation and gather help in terms of donors for the survivors, says Sonu, adding, "We are planning to have more skin donation banks across India. We are targeting Mumbai first and soon we'll move to other cities. We are planning to conduct an induction session to introduce people to the concept of skin donation."

Elaborating on his contribution, he says, "I have met and will continue to meet dermatologists and surgeons to know how skin grafting works and how they preserve skin. I want to study it in details, so that I can impart correct information to people. I will make sure my schedule doesn't come in the way of this commitment. I hope we can bring normalcy to the lives of these survivors."