Dear Best Friend,

First of all, I love you. Let me just say that (yet again!) before I say anything else. Message received? Good! Now we can move on. This is just a little note to remind you that I feel blessed to have you in my life. Itís been one hell of a ride and you have been there for me, through all of its ups and downs. I couldnít have imagined surviving it, had you not been there with me and stood by me like a rock. It wonít be an understatement to say that I am who I am today because of you.

I want to tell you that I love you and you hold a very special place in my life, one that youíll ALWAYS be holding, no matter what. You are someone who completes me, well not in a romantic way, but in a way that nourishes my soul. I guess someone once rightfully said that a person never becomes great on his own, its the people around him who make him great. Similarly, you are someone who pushes me to give my best wherever I am, and help me become the best version of myself.

From lending an ear to me at the most absurd of hours to making me feel loved when I was feeling the most unloved, thank you for loving me like you do. Thank you for showing me the power of unconditional love. It turned my life around, it literally did! You are my constant Ė always have been and will always be. You are someone I look up to for everything Ė whether it is when I have to decide my clothes for a party or when I have to make an important career decision to make. You are my 2:00 AM, 5:00 AM, 12:00 PM and 8:00 PM person (basically you are my 24◊7 person!) and so needless to say, I couldnít have imagined this life without you.

You are the one who makes my life brighter and warmer by just being in it. So a BIG THANK YOU is in order, for putting up with me when I was a mess. Whether itís you making sure that I reached home safely or that I was comfortable when I working till 12 in the morning Ė you are the family I made outside the family I was born into, someone I call my own and the one I can go to in happiness and in sorrow.

You heard me when I never said a word Ė that is a BIG thing and not just ANYONE can do that. You showed me how beautiful I was when I felt unattractive, how strong I was when I felt I couldnít bear the pain of a emotional wound and how accomplished I was when I felt oblivious. You showed me how beautiful people can be and I hope that one day, I am able to become even a fraction of the person you are. So this is just a little reminder that you will ALWAYS have me by your side, come hell or high water.

I will forever be indebted to you.

With love,

Your BFF

› See More: Dear BFFs, Thanks For Teaching Me What Unconditional Love Feels Like