Dear Potential Lover,

Hope you are doing well.

There is something I need you to know, so instead of saying it verbally I thought of writing it down. I want you to know that I am done being your safety net, your go-to person after you have run through your first choice and your next-chosen. I know that I deserve much more than this Ė I deserve to be loved and valued for the person I am. Itís never a good idea to settle for something less than that, regardless of the circumstances life puts you in. And as it happens, I know I will, sooner or later, find someone for whom I will be a priority.

I am tired of constantly fighting for your attention, trying to win you back, always being there for you and always loving you more. Itís time for me to step back, for there is nothing more heart wrenching than convincing you to love me. No matter how much I try, I will never be able to change your mind or steal your heart. And so Iíve decided that I donít need someone who stands next to me because they are lonely; I want someone who stands next to me because they cannot imagine standing next to anyone else.

Why would I want someone in my life who only sees me as an option and who doesnít treat me like I matter? Well, itís pretty obvious that you really donít love me to begin with, so I will be courageous enough to walk away, for you are only wasting my time. Instead, I will invest in someone who wonít be scared to show me off in front of his friends, who will value me for who I am and who will be my rock come hell or high water.

Love is one emotion that shouldnít be forced and why would I want to do that to myself anyway? Forcing someone to love me? I deserve so much more! For I believe, love is not overrated and that mad, crazy, deep and soul stirring love we see in the movies does exist. So I will be patient enough to wait for the one who will make me believe in the beauty of love and will make my world a happier place, for I deserve the exact same love that I have for you.

Love,

The one you took for granted