Dear Ex-Lover,

Hope you are doing well.

It was almost perfect, wasn’t it? We were really fond of each other. We loved each other “to the moon and back”. Didn’t we?

We could talk to each other for hours and still didn’t get enough of each other. Be it our morning texts, catching up on our way to work, random texts in the middle of the day or our late night conversations, we never got bored of each other. My days started and ended with you. You had become an integral part of my life, so much so that I was scared just at the thought of letting you go. You had become a habit, the one that was difficult to get rid of. You made my life brighter and my days sunnier with your warmth.

I want to tell you that you were the best thing that ever happened to me and I loved you very much. You are someone who gave me one of the most beautiful memories of life. Someone I didn’t mind losing my sleep for, someone I could never get tired talking to.

But as fate has it, not everything is meant to stay beautiful and not everything is forever. You started taking me for granted. You failed to notice the little things I did for you, you didn’t realize how happy I was to see you, you couldn’t feel the glee in my voice when you called at the end of the day, you didn’t know how your morning text could start my day well.You made me question your love for me. I soon realized that you didn’t value me and my space in your life and I thought it was better to leave than stay with the one who didn’t want me in his life.

Someone had once correctly said, “If you have to force it, leave it. Ponytails, yoga poses, relationships – let that shit go.”

Love is one emotion that isn’t forced and why would you want to do that to yourself anyway? Forcing someone to love you? I deserved so much more! I deserved someone who loved me with all his heart and someone for whom I will be a priority. Someone who will stick by during the darker times and the one who will be proud to have me in his life I am sure that one day, when I am no longer around, my absence will haunt you and it will affect your life in ways no one else has. You will miss my random texts that I sent just to let you know how special you were to me. You will want me back for I know that I loved you like no one else has or can love you. But know this that I am gone for good and I am not coming back to what broke me.

With regrets and understanding,

Your resilient Ex