Former India opener Virender Sehwag who has applied for the India chief coach job has stunned the Committee of Administrators (COA) by sending a two line application.

According to reports, Sehwag wrote a two line application stating that he was mentor of the Kings XI Punjab outfit and that he was familiar with the current crop of Indian players.

A source in the COA who expressed that Sehwag lacks seriousness and speaking to a to a media outlet stated that it was strange and that a protocol has to be followed.

"Yes it is odd is what I will say, but beyond that I have nothing to say. I am not travelling with the team and you should get in touch with CEO Rahul Johri for further update," the official said.

The official further went on to state that given the current circumstances, a truce between Anil Kumble and Virat Kohli will be the best way forward.

"While it is very difficult to comment from the outside, it looks like the ideal situation would be Kohli and Kumble burying the hatchet. But let’s see if that is a possibility," the official said.

The BCCI in its advertisement has clearly laid down some rules for applicants but Sehwag didn't even attach his resume while applying for the top post.

"Sehwag being Sehwag has sent his application in two lines. There was no CV attached to it. We had to ask him to send his CV too along with his application. After all it will be the first time he is set to appear for the interview," a source told a leading newspaper.

Apart from Kumble and Sehwag, Sunrisers Hyderabad coach Tom Moody, Englishman Richard Pybus, former Mumbai coach Lalchand Rajput and Dodda Ganesh have applied for the job.

Former Australia pacer Craig McDermott too had applied for the job, but won't be eligible for the interview as McDermott applied after the deadline.

› See More: Sehwag's two-line CV for India coach job stuns COA