It’s okay to envision a perfect life for yourself and work towards getting there. But a lot of us fail to understand that ‘perfect’ is simply subjective.

For some, a ‘perfect life’ may be raising a family of two children with a dog in a big house and just enough money to lead a happy and satisfactory life; while for others, it may be having all of the riches in the world and being famous.

It’s clear that when it comes to ‘perfect’ one size doesn’t fit all; perfection is an illusion that only exists in our mind.

To all the dreamers out there, becoming indifferent to reality by being in your fantasy world is NOT the solution. Everything may seem perfect to you in a parallel universe but there’s NOTHING real about it.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not asking you to be an ardent realist either. But it’s important that you make peace with the fact that life is going to be different from your idea of ’perfect’. There will be highs and lows that will change the course of your life, and you cannot elude it.

And that’s not all; assuming you do achieve everything you’ve been seeking, how long do you think it is going to take for life to throw curve balls back at you again?

With time, your priorities in life are going to change. Things that hold great importance in your life at 20 may seem trivial when you’re older. As human beings, we are constantly evolving and that is precisely why the word ‘perfect’ will dissolve into nothingness for us.

I believe that change is truly the only constant. Having a ‘perfect life’ doesn’t mean there wouldn’t be any troubles in life at all, it simply means having a balanced life.

The essence of life is in its ups and downs and it is best lived enjoying situations as they come. In the end, it’s more important to just live in the present and enjoy a good life, rather than missing out on it by running after a ‘perfect one’.