Dear Ex Lover,

“I might have forgotten how your voice sounds like, but I will never forget the way I felt after hearing it.
I might have forgotten what your touch felt like but I will never forget the way it left me wanting for more.
I might have forgotten the way you smelled, but I will never forget the way it reminded me of home.”

I want to tell you that you were the best thing that ever happened to me and I love you very much. You are someone who gave me one of the most beautiful memories of life. Someone I didn’t mind losing my sleep for, someone I could never get tired talking to and the only one who crosses my mind EVERYDAY. You will always be my true love and will always have my heart.

We shared the kind of love that is rare to find and difficult to keep. The kind of love, that happens once in a lifetime. What we had is difficult to put into words but what I know is that I couldn’t keep it and I couldn’t value you for who you were. I only realized what I had in my life after I had lost it. Your absence made me realize the ferocity of my love for you. I want you to know that only because we couldn’t keep what we had, doesn’t mean that what we shared wasn’t real. I have always loved you with all my heart and will continue to do so. You will always be special to me and will be someone I have immense fondness for.

You were the man I fell hard for and perhaps will take a lifetime to get over. You are the one I can’t go a day thinking without and the one I never want to unlove. You were the best of me and also the one who saw the worst of me. I want you to know that I wish the best for you in life and even if (Believe me, it breaks my heart as I say it) it is beside someone else. I wish all the good there is in this world for you for I know what a beautiful soul like you deserves.

Yours, Regretful Ex.