- 60 gm desi Ghee
- 1 cup atta (Whole-wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp. Methi seeds
- 2 tsp Saunf
- 1 tsp saunth (dry Ginger powder)
- 1/4 tsp Kali mirch (black pepper)
- 3/4 cup jaggery, grated
- Almonds and Pistachios for garnishing
How to Make Saunth Aur Methi Ke Laddoo :
- In a heavy kadhai, melt the ghee and add the atta.
- Stir fry over low heat so that the flour is cooked through.
- It takes about 30 minutes for the flour to be cooked through. It gets a pasty look when done and the colour should be light brown.
- Switch off the heat and leave the mixture to cool completely. If it does not cool completely, it will become wet when you add the sugar.
- In another pan, dry roast the Kali mirch, Methi, saunf and grind them.
- When atta mixture is completely cooled, add the geared jaggery, ground ingredients and saunth, and mix very well, rubbing it with your open palm against the base of the bowl. Rub till blended thoroughly.
- Shape into tight hard Balls, pressing hard at every stage.
- In the final stage, keep it pressed a little longer so that the surface is smooth (when the ghee comes in contact with the body heat, it melts and smoothens the mixture.
- Decorate the top of each with almonds and pistachios.
- Store in an air tight container and these will last for 4 to 5 weeks.
› See More: Recipe: Saunth Aur Methi Ke Laddoo
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)