- 1 litre - Milk
- 2 tbsp - rice, washed and soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup - Sugar
- 1/3 cup - gulkand (rose jam)
- 5 drops - kewra essence
- 5 drops - rose essence
- 1/2 cup - edible rose petals
- 8 to 10 - pistachios, slivered
- 8 to 10 - almonds, slivered
- 2 tsp - Chironji seeds
- 1 - edible silver foil
How to Make Shahi Gulab Phirni :
- Grind rice to a very fine paste in a mixie.
- Boil milk in a heavy pan, saving 1 cup.
- Dissolve paste in saved milk, keep aside.
- Add sugar to milk, and boil till it completely dissolves.
- Add rice paste, stirring continuously, bring back to boil.
- Cook till mixture is thick and smooth.
- Take off fire, add essences and gulkand, stir well.
- Pour into individual bowls.
- When cooled a little, spread a piece of silver foil.
- Garnish with chopped nuts, chironji and rose petals.
- Chill till well set, serve cold.
› See More: Recipe: Shahi Gulab Phirni
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)