Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hrithik Roshan: I am not positive at all

Developer

Hrithik Roshan: I am not positive at all

'When I started off the process for Kaabil, we were making the character sympathetic as he is blind. Just looking at him and his environment, you would say, 'Arrey bechara'.'

'But meeting blind people, I realised there is no essence of helplessness in them.'

Birthday boy Hrithik Roshan gets us ready for Kaabil.

When we asked Hrithik Roshan what his plans for his birthday were, he consulted his PR.

"How much time will I get to celebrate my birthday?" he asked.

The PR replied, "No."

"I have working birthday," Hrithik said, turning back to me.

The actor is truly working hard these days, promoting his new film Kaabil, co-starring Yami Gautam and directed by Sanjay Gupta. It will release on January 25. Watch the trailer here.

He tells Patcy N more about it in this interview.

You've become an international star. What's keeping you away from Hollywood?

Being in Bollywood, if you are calling me an international star, then it is already done.

Everyone agrees you look like a Greek God! So why not?

I have been to Greece but no one recognised me. (laughs)

Everyone's been lying to me about my Greek God looks. I am hurt. (laughs)

One of your co-stars Priyanka Chopra is all set to debut in Hollywood with Baywatch.

She is a go-getter. I always knew that there were aspects of her we hadn't seen yet. All that is coming out now.

Bollywood's top actresses are heading West but not the top actors. Why is that?

I don't think going to Hollywood is their goal. The goal is to do good Hindi films.

Developer

You've said Kaabil is one your most challenging roles. Why is that?

After a long time, I have got such an opportunity.

After doing films like Krrish, Bang Bang and Mohenjo Daro, this was one film where you cannot lie at all. You have to be real, be yourself, and that was a challenge.

It was also coming after a long time since I did films like Koi... Mil Gaya or Guzaarish. These were films where you had to put in your heart and soul and leave the judgement to the people... not try and impress.

Secondly, playing a blind person is most challenging role I have played. I have played a mentally challenged person and a quadriplegic but I realised that playing a blind is more difficult because eyes have involuntary muscles -- the flinching of the eyes, the dilation of the pupils...

During action sequences, when there are lights flashing or a punch coming towards you, the eyes will flinch because of the involuntary muscles.

Sanjay Gupta loves to shoot in 500 frames. Which means that during the shot, we would think that I have not blinked at all but when we would see the rushes on the monitor, the shot would be good but my eyes would flinch. In 500 frames, you can make out any defect and it looked wrong because blind people don't have visual stimuli.

So I had to control my involuntary eye muscles and that took a lot of practice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast