- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 6 tbsp. water
- 1 and quarter cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 cups ground hazelnuts plus a few extra for decoration
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp. icing Sugar
- 1 cup whipped Cream
How to Make Hazelnut Torte :
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until very light, for about five minutes.
- Slowly add the water.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together. Mix with 1 cup of nuts.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the beaten whites into the batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch springform pan. Bake at 160 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cake is done.
- Cool cake on a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, split the cake into 2 layers.
- Fold the vanilla, icing sugar and remaining half cup of nuts into the whipped cream. Spread whipped cream between the two cake layers and on top of the cake. Chill until serving time.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, or for that extra special look, hazelnuts dipped in chocolate, arrange in small clusters around the top.
- Note: The hazelnuts should be blanched. To blanch, boil the nuts for 3 minutes and when they are cool enough to handle, remove the skin.
- To grind hazelnuts, place about one-fourth of a cup at a time in a blender, or chop as finely as you can with a sharp knife.
› See More: Recipe: Hazelnut Torte
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)