- 2 cups - Refined flour (maida)
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp - Carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tbsp - Dried Fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 5 tbsp - Nutralite
- Oil for deep-frying
How to Make Methi Mathri :
- Take flour in a bowl, add salt, carom seeds and dried fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Add Nutralite and mix well. Add sufficient chilled water and knead into a hard dough. Cover and rest the dough for 15 minutes.
- Divide into 24 equal balls and flatten them slightly.
- Roll them out thinly into small puris and fold in half and then fold again to make a triangle.
- Stick a clove at one corner making it appear like a paan.
- Lightly prick them with a fork so that the mathris do not rise like puris.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai Slide in the mathris and deep-fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper and cool completely.
- Serve or store in air tight tins.
› See More: Recipe: Methi Mathri
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)